Wednesday: Classes we cancelled because of the Tsunami. It never reached the Takarazuka/Nishinomiya area, so it was safe. It was even safe enough to go to the toy store, a specialty cake shop , and book store with my host mother and sisters. It was a very cute little cake shop, I got a really tasty caramel mousse thing! =] The cakes were gorgeous. Here's some pictures!!
Here are some random pictures of where I live. First, is the view from on top of the mountain in our apartment building. The second picture is of the little garden outside out lobby! =]
Friday. Day off from school, but it was pretty interesting! I went to my host sisters' school with the family for their athletic competition day. The entire school was divided into either the red or white team, and each grade competed in different track and field like events. They even had a few Japanese traditional dance numbers. It was very different from anything I've seen before. Oh, and we had a Japanese style picnic in the middle of the day in the gymnasium. I met a lot of the girls' friends' families. All of them were very nice, and welcoming. My Japanese is gettin better, so it is a lot easier to communicate, but I still have a ways to go. Haha, and considering I was the only blonde Westerner there, a lot of staring occured. Some of the children even stared, pointed, and laughed with each other at me. BUT, there were the two cutest little girls that kept looking at my smiling, so I walked over and said "Konichiwa" (good afternoon), and them thinking I speak English say "I'm fine thank-you." Haha it was very funny. Obviously they had been reading some English learning book, and remembered that phrase. It was so cute. Oh and one last thing about Friday, I ended up competing in the parents relay race=]=] I was very nervous with all the hundreds of people's eyes on me, but I did fine.
Saturday. I went to Osaka again with some friends. We went to a delicious ramen shop for lunch, and we had OKONOMIYAKI for dinner!!! =]=] It is my favorite! I think I already told you all about it, but I thought I would remind you of its deliciousness! We also went out for a bit for my friend Marin's birthday! She turned 21! We had some delicious Apricot Sorbet at the Yakitori! =]=]
Here are some pictures from Osaka. The first is of this sweet restaurant/ bar that had lego-like seating outside, and the second is just a view of a street in the Umeda area.
Sorry this was so long! Love and miss you all! I pray that you all are safe, and doing well!








Jess!!!! I miss you SO much! I'm praying for you, and know that God will comfort you and help you adjust. I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time and that classes are going well. I love reading your blog too. Some of my friends at school had told me about the kareoke there, and I always wished that the US had rooms like that! That would be SO much fun with you, Brittany, and Allison! I can't believe that we are all over the world! Are there any churches around? PS. Loved the golf story! That is crazyyyy! Love you so much my sister!
ReplyDeleteLove, Lindsay!
ReplyDelete