I arrived to my final destination, Kansai International Airport, yesterday morning at 8:45 after 23 hours of flying and sitting in airports (It was a long day). Then, after arriving, I took a bus along with 10 other international students to Nishinomiya to meet our host families. I met my host father, Toru san, and host sisters, Mae and Yui, and some of the girls friends (tomodachi). They were all very excited to meet me, but I was very nervous. I could barely spit any of the Japanese words and phrases I knew out.. it was very embarrassing and discouraging. However, Toru san spent 16 years in California, so he knows English and translates when I don't understand. I spent yesterday afternoon with my host family at their apartment, where I met my host mother, Asukura, and we ate Japanese candy. It was Yui's birthday yesterday, so we all went to dinner at Coco's, an american restaurant, but they still had Japanese dishes. I had Beef Curry. Being apart of a Japanese birthday celebration was fun, and we ended the night with icecream cake from Baskin Robins.
Also, Toru san is a golfer, and I think we are going to the driving range this afternoon. I am very excited!
Pray for my patience with the language barrier and cultural differences this first week. I'm going to need it!
Love and miss you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment