Well I have officially survived one week in Japan!! Yes! I am way more adjusted to the food, and my new lifestyle. This week I have done a LOT of cool things! I went to Kareoke with some friends on Thursday. It isn't like the awkward standing on stage in a bar type of thing you find in the U.S... ITS SO MUCH BETTER! Ha. Basically you rent out a room with friends, eat snacks, and just have fun singing lots of great songs! They even have English songs! I sang some Spice Girls, Justin Bieber, and Little Mermaid! That same night we went to a huge mall, and then to a Yakitori!! Basically a restaurant that serves every part of a chicken. Some weird things I ate were... a chicken heart (delicious) and soft bones (meat around soft bones taht you can eat).. When I first took a bite of the soft bones, I had NO IDEA that was what I was eating. It was alright... Friday we went on a field trip (all of the international students) which consisted of: hiking in the mountains, a japanese style barbeque, going to a temple and shrine, and going through a manga museum. It was fun fun fun! Then yesterday, I went with my host family to another town about 2 1/2 hours away to their grandparents grave. This Monday is respect for the aged day... basically like our Memorial day, so we put flowers on the grave, and the family did a prayer. We also went to an ONSEN! A Japanese style hot spring/public bath place. Usually you are seperated into different sexes and then go into a hot tub like thing (NAKED).. But they rented out some private ones as a family, but I chose to go in by myself after the family. I'm not that comfortable yet. It was very relaxing! Afterwards, we went to a takoyaki, where they serve fried egg and octopus. It was VERY VERY good! =] Well that's all for now, but here are some pictures for you all to see of the week!.. Ha or just one, my computer is being silly..Here's us at the Kareoke place!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
First Week: Check
Hello all!
Well I have officially survived one week in Japan!! Yes! I am way more adjusted to the food, and my new lifestyle. This week I have done a LOT of cool things! I went to Kareoke with some friends on Thursday. It isn't like the awkward standing on stage in a bar type of thing you find in the U.S... ITS SO MUCH BETTER! Ha. Basically you rent out a room with friends, eat snacks, and just have fun singing lots of great songs! They even have English songs! I sang some Spice Girls, Justin Bieber, and Little Mermaid! That same night we went to a huge mall, and then to a Yakitori!! Basically a restaurant that serves every part of a chicken. Some weird things I ate were... a chicken heart (delicious) and soft bones (meat around soft bones taht you can eat).. When I first took a bite of the soft bones, I had NO IDEA that was what I was eating. It was alright... Friday we went on a field trip (all of the international students) which consisted of: hiking in the mountains, a japanese style barbeque, going to a temple and shrine, and going through a manga museum. It was fun fun fun! Then yesterday, I went with my host family to another town about 2 1/2 hours away to their grandparents grave. This Monday is respect for the aged day... basically like our Memorial day, so we put flowers on the grave, and the family did a prayer. We also went to an ONSEN! A Japanese style hot spring/public bath place. Usually you are seperated into different sexes and then go into a hot tub like thing (NAKED).. But they rented out some private ones as a family, but I chose to go in by myself after the family. I'm not that comfortable yet. It was very relaxing! Afterwards, we went to a takoyaki, where they serve fried egg and octopus. It was VERY VERY good! =] Well that's all for now, but here are some pictures for you all to see of the week!.. Ha or just one, my computer is being silly..Here's us at the Kareoke place!
Well I have officially survived one week in Japan!! Yes! I am way more adjusted to the food, and my new lifestyle. This week I have done a LOT of cool things! I went to Kareoke with some friends on Thursday. It isn't like the awkward standing on stage in a bar type of thing you find in the U.S... ITS SO MUCH BETTER! Ha. Basically you rent out a room with friends, eat snacks, and just have fun singing lots of great songs! They even have English songs! I sang some Spice Girls, Justin Bieber, and Little Mermaid! That same night we went to a huge mall, and then to a Yakitori!! Basically a restaurant that serves every part of a chicken. Some weird things I ate were... a chicken heart (delicious) and soft bones (meat around soft bones taht you can eat).. When I first took a bite of the soft bones, I had NO IDEA that was what I was eating. It was alright... Friday we went on a field trip (all of the international students) which consisted of: hiking in the mountains, a japanese style barbeque, going to a temple and shrine, and going through a manga museum. It was fun fun fun! Then yesterday, I went with my host family to another town about 2 1/2 hours away to their grandparents grave. This Monday is respect for the aged day... basically like our Memorial day, so we put flowers on the grave, and the family did a prayer. We also went to an ONSEN! A Japanese style hot spring/public bath place. Usually you are seperated into different sexes and then go into a hot tub like thing (NAKED).. But they rented out some private ones as a family, but I chose to go in by myself after the family. I'm not that comfortable yet. It was very relaxing! Afterwards, we went to a takoyaki, where they serve fried egg and octopus. It was VERY VERY good! =] Well that's all for now, but here are some pictures for you all to see of the week!.. Ha or just one, my computer is being silly..Here's us at the Kareoke place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment