Monday, September 12, 2011

Kyou wa Omoshiroi desu. (Today was interesting!)

Yesterday (Sunday) I did so many things. I ate rice, eggs, and pork for  breakfast (weird).  Because I am still suffering from jetlag I took a 4 hour nap! Asukarasan woke me up, because we then went to a sushiya (sushi shop) that had the conveyer belts where you could choose your sushi by looking at the different options. Tanoshikata (it was fun). However, I haven't had a huge appetite these past couple days, because of the difference in taste and texture in foods. Torusan said that I don't eat much, and that Mae (12 years old) has twice the appetite as me. I'm sure this will change once I get more comfortable here. It is a BIG adjustment! To help with all of my emotions and discouragement, I've been repeating Joshua 1:9 over and over in my head... it really does help, and so do your prayers! Every day gets better and better! To top off yesterday, Torusan and I went to the driving range! It was a lot of fun, even though I didn't hit too well. It was nice to get out of the house, and go to a Japanese golf range. I don't know if I should say they are lazy or tech savvy, but the balls come out of the ground on the rubber tee. Basically you don't have to bend over to put the ball on the tee or deal with a bucket of balls... I've never seen anything like it. I remember thinking that today would be better than yesterday as long as I focused on the strength and comfort I find in God, and I was right!

Today, I had peanut butter toast for breakfast, and then I went with Asukarasan to KGU, we left at 7:50 and didn't get there until 9 A.M.! What an adventure, we got lost along the way. I took several placement tests (parts were very difficult) and then ate lunch at the university with the 88 other international students. We had AMERICAN FOOD! Yummmmmy! Then, I met my Nihongo (Japanese) pals. I have two, Haruka and Hitonmi, who showed me around campus. They speak little English, so I had my dictionary out a lot! However, we walked past the campus lake, and I said "Oishisou" thinking I was saying "It seems interesting" (to have a lake on campus), but I was really saying "It seems delicious." Haha, after a really hard laugh from the three of us, we finally figured out what I was trying to say (Omoshiroisou). It was surprising that I didn't become embarrassed because I messed up, but we all just laughed. It was comforting.

Well sorry for the long post! I hope you all are doing well! Love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment