Wow. I officially am the worst blogger ever. Well, at least I have been journaling so I could update this eventually. About two weeks ago is when I should have updated again. So… here it goes. I’ll do recent stuff in a few blogs!
Week of 10/14-16
Well, Friday I went to a yakitori with some friends. I love these places, they cook chicken anyway you want it. We had some fried chicken (like little chicken nuggets), fried chicken with tartar sauce, and French/freedom fries… (I refer to them as that when I am talking with my French friends here) covered in SALT. Ha, my favorite. Again, it is always nice getting a reminder of home. The coating on the fried chicken is amazing here though, might be better than home.
Saturday: I was awoken by my host family because we were having PANCAKES! Ha, they were so good. Of course it wouldn’t be a Japanese/American meal without something weird. We had mashed potatoes with them?? Odd, yes. Delicious, yes. Later on, I went to an Indian restaurant with Clay, Lucas, and Maren. It was my first time, and it was DELICIOUS. I had some curry, nan, and sanomia. Again, what great friends I have here! =] I had to go to bed early though.. because…
SUNDAY I went to Universal Studios Japan! =] We went with some of my host sisters’ friends and their families. It was a lot of fun road tripping there and eating junk food. We got to the park around 10:30 and were there until about 10:00! It was a long day! We only got to go on a few rides too, because the lines are SO long here! I think we waited about 1 ½ to 2 hours for each ride. NUTS! Even the food lines were long! One of the “rides” was a 3D/live recreation of The Terminator, in Japanese of course. I never knew Arnold was fluent in Japanese =]. It was pretty sweet though, with live actors/3D movie going on all together! Also, because it is close to Halloween, the park was decked out. At night, they even had actors dressed up like zombies walking around! They were quite the fright! Yuichan and her friends got very scared! Another funny part about the day was that I had several people come up and ask to take photos with me. Silly, silly. The night ended with a beautiful light up parade too! It was awesome!
Here’s some pictures from the park:
Well that is all for now, I promise I will get up to date soon! I love and miss you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment